Stockton Local Offer Grant
06-06-2012 11:53 by Ruth Harmer
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council's Local Grant Offer can help parents access a range of activities for their children without the need of an assessement. The funding can be used for children with disabilities and their families in Stockton-on-Tees to access a range of services inluding those offered by Daisy Chain.
Brief details are provided below. To get a full copy of the Local Offer document and the Grant Application Form please contact the First Contact Team at Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council:
Opening hours : Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
|Telephone: (01642) 527764
Fax: (01642) 527756
Minicom: 01642 527769
The Local Offer grant is funding up to a value of £500 to be spent over a 6 month period.
Your family can apply if:
You have a child aged 0-18 with a disability that prevents them from attending the Open Access services or other activities that children of a similar age can easily access and would not be able to access this without additional support.
You WILL NOT be eligible to apply if your child receives short break services resulting from a Social Work assessment of need for example; Oasis, Hartburn Lodge, Homecare and Direct Payments.
Here are some examples of how the money can be spent:
- The costs of an additional adult to participate in short breaks/activities.
- Training for workers at an activity to enable your child to attend.
- Exclusive facility booking (e.g. soft play).
- A short break away (the cost of a support worker to attend a holiday with the family).
- Any additional unforeseen costs due to child’s needs.
- Specialist activities such as horse riding for the disabled.
The above are JUST examples so please be imaginative.