As part of the Community Opportunities Framework, Daisy Chain provides a bespoke community group for autistic and neurodivergent adults in Redcar and Cleveland.
- Opening for referrals in: September 2023
- Allocating and confirming group places in: October/November 2023
- Service goes live: February 2024
There are a limited number of spaces for this service (maximum x8 adults), so we recommend early referrals to avoid disappointment.
For more details about this service and how to refer, please see the drop the down information below.
To download a copy of our service brochure, click here.
To enquire, please email: email@example.com.
To make a referral using our online form, click here.
To download a copy of our referral form, click here.
To download a copy of our Terms and Conditions, click here.
The aims of this service are to provide adults with the opportunity to:
• Socialise and make friends
• Engage with their local community
• Boost their wellbeing
• Enhance independence and life skills
• Work towards and achieve personal goals
• Feel empowered
In all of our services, we:
• Focus on individuals strengths, skills, and capabilities
• Value diversity
• Listen to the voice of the adult
• Support individuals to make choices, take control and feel empowered
• Promote social inclusion
• Take a person-centred approach
• Prioritise the safety and welfare of everyone
Sessions will be based in a central community venue, with regular trips into the community. Session content will vary based on the interests and needs of the adults, but will include the following:
Independent living skills within every session, e.g.:
• Planning and cooking simple, healthy meals
• Diet and nutrition
• Food shopping/accessing supermarkets
• Travel training/public transport
• Housework skills and routines
• Self-care, personal hygiene, and health
• Skills for keeping safe
• Dining out/accessing community venues
• Vocational and employment skills to promote lifelong learning
Fun leisure activities to boost wellbeing, e.g.:
• Cooking and baking
• Beach trips
• Community activities
Regular personal development activities to promote positive health and wellbeing, e.g.:
• Opportunities to connect with others, develop friendships and engage in facilitated peer support
• Support to understand friendships, relationships, and personal boundaries
• Support to understand autism/neurodiversity, emotions, and self
• Exploring personal goals and ambitions
• Celebrating strengths and skills
This service is for autistic and neurodivergent adults (aged 18+).
Daisy Chain specialises in strategies and approaches that are compatible with:
• Sensory processing differences
• Social and communication differences
Formal diagnosis is not essential. Adults may be pre, during, or post diagnosis.
This is group-based provision. Any adults requesting support must be able to engage alongside other adults safely and happily, as part of a group. Maximum group size of x8 adults with two staff.
Currently, we cannot offer 1-2-1 support. If an adult requires 1-2-1 support in order to access the service, it may be possible for them to attend with their own support worker, if they have one (subject to the support worker providing us with a copy of their up-to-date DBS certificate).
We are unable to provide any personal care support as part of this service. Adults who have personal-care needs will not meet our service criteria.
Is this service right for you? Download our easy-read document to find out.
Time: 10:00 am – 4 pm
Venue: Loftus Youth & Community Centre, Duncan Place, Loftus, Redcar and
Cleveland, TS13 4PR