Middleton Grange Shopping Centre in Hartlepool have created a guide for shoppers with ASD to help them to plan their visit and what support is available to them in the centre.
They have put the following support measures in place:
- Between 8am-9.30am and 4.30pm-5.30pm every day the centre’s music system will be switched off
- Clark’s and The Entertainer offer a quiet hour on weekends between 9am-10am
- A Family Room and separate quiet area are available
- Ambassadors dedicated to liaising with families with additional needs are available to advise on quiet time/events and support in planning visits
- Shopper Safe wristband scheme is available throughout the centre for during your visit
The guide also contains visuals, a map of the centre and further information on support services available.
You can download the guide by clicking Middleton_Grange_-_Autism_Leaflet
We’ll be at the centre on Saturday 23rd June for their One Great Day event raising funds.
You can find out more about Middleton Grange Shopping Centre by visiting their website – http://www.middleton-grange.co.uk