As part of the Autism Central programme, Daisy Chain provides a range of online learning workshops covering a variety of topics to help support individuals and families.
These online sessions are free and open to families living in the North East and Yorkshire. Autism Central offers families and carers of autistic people high-quality and easily accessible autism education, training, and support through peer educators, alongside a dedicated website. Peer educators are autistic people, and parents and carers of autistic people, who have been trained to support other families. Daisy Chain Project hub is delivering Autism Central in the North East & Yorkshire NHS England region. www.autismcentral.org.uk
Please see information below for each individual session, as times, days and delivery methods are varied. You can access our training sessions if you are a parent/carer or personal assistant.
- 17th November 2023 – Introduction to Autism / 10am-11:30am
- 24th November 2023 – PDA / 10am-11:30am
- 1st December 2023 – Transitions – Preparing for Christmas / 10am-11:30am
- 4th December 2023 – Transitions – Preparing for Christmas / 5pm – 7pm
- 8th December 2023 – Intro to Autism / / 10am-11:30am
- 15th December 2023 – Parent/carer Wellbeing over Christmas / 10am-11:30am
- 22nd December 2023 – ADHD / 10am-11:30am
- Friday 5th January 2024 – Sibling Support/Young Carers / 10am-11.30am
- Monday 8th January 2024 – Attendance and Challenges Accessing Mainstream School / 5pm-7pm
- Friday 12th January 2024 – EHCPs / 10am-11.30am
- Friday 19th January 2024 – Attendance and Challenges Accessing Mainstream School / 10am-11.30am
- Monday 22nd January 2024 – After School Distressed Behaviour / 5pm-7pm
- Friday 26th January 2024 – Introduction to Autism / 10am-11.30am
- Friday 2nd February 2024 – Sensory Differences / 10am-12pm
- Monday 5th February 2024 – Communication Strategies / 5.30pm-7pm
- Friday 9th February 2024 / Introduction to Autism / 10am-12pm
- Friday 16th February 2024 – Strategies to Support Eating / 10am-12pm
- Monday 19th February 2024 – Sensory Differences / 5.30pm-7pm
- Friday 23rd February 2024 – Girls and Autism / 10am-12pm
For online sessions, a link will be sent in advance. Book your space below.