The aim of this Train the Trainer course will be to ensure Early Help staff feel confident in their own understanding of autism and their ability to provide autism awareness training sessions to parents and carers.
Note: you only need to attend one session.
At the end of the session Early Help staff will:
- Understand that autism should be viewed as a difference rather than impairment or disorder and feel confident in explaining this viewpoint to parent/carers.
- Feel confident in their understanding of what autism is and the key areas of difference.
- Be able to identify how autism impacts not just the individual but also their family.
- Understand the different strategies that can be used to support an autistic individual and feel confident in their ability to share these strategies with parent/carers.
- Identify the barriers autistic people and their families may experience in accessing services and be able to share information on how to overcome these.
- Understand any possible barriers that parent/carers may experience in accessing training and feel confident in supporting them to access training.
- Feel confident in their ability to adapt any training as necessary to the individual needs of the parent/carers who attend.
These sessions are held at Chowdene Family Hub and run 9:30am – 3:30pm on the following upcoming dates:
- Tuesday 26th March 2024
- Tuesday 7th May 2024
- Tuesday 11th June 2024
- Tuesday 16th July 2024
Full venue address is: Waverley Rd, Harlow Green, Gateshead NE9 7TU
Secure your free space below. If you have any questions before booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org