Daisy Chain are looking to recruit a Grounds Maintenance Operative to join us at our Day Centre based in Norton, Stockton on Tees. The post holder will be responsible for the appearance and functional upkeep of buildings, vehicles, locations and offices. The position will involve both indoors and outdoors work. The maintenance operative will follow a maintenance schedule as well as complete small repair’s necessary. The post holder will be required for occasional on-call work.
Location: Daisy Chain, Norton, Stockton-on-Tees
Salary: £18,500 per annum.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Closing date: 31st August at 12 midnight.
Early application advised, this post will be closed as soon as we have received enough suitable applications.
This post is deemed to require an Enhanced DBS Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service due to the fact that there is access to children and vulnerable adults.
- Maintain building exteriors, office interiors, vehicle fleets records, landscaping and green maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues and problem-solving potential maintenance issues before they escalate.
- Site repairs.
- Respond to maintenance emergencies on an on-call basis.
- Oversee contractors, Volunteers and Placements during visits to site.
- Undertake general site tasks at our main day centre, superstore and distribution centre.
- Daily safety checks of play equipment and external facilities reporting any issues to the site Operations Manager.
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarms) and schedule repairs where needed.
- Inspect and repair all damages to buildings surfaces.
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other task as assigned.
- Participate in site projects such as renovations.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
- Complete decorating (internal and external) to a high standard.
- Assist in the setting up of various events (internal and external) and managing parking arrangements for events.
- Assist in the clearance of ice and snow when necessary,
- Sweeping footpaths and external entrances on a regular basis or as required
- Check and maintain boundary fencing / other fencing on a regular basis
This job outline is intended to indicate the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but, while some variation can be expected in particular duties, the outline is considered to provide a reasonable general description of the post.
Successful candidates will have a strong work ethic, and share our Company values of Passionate, Inclusive, Empowering, Ambitious and Open. If you have worked in a similar setting before all the better, but most importantly we are looking for people who share our Ethos of improving the lives of families affected by Autism. The below details what we are looking for in an ideal candidate if it is Essential (E) Desirable (D) and how we will assess that skill, via your application (A) at Interview (I) or as part of a task during the interview process (T)
- Maintenance Experience -E&A
- Experience of using mechanical tools such as ride on tractor mower, strimmer’s and hedge cutters-E&A
- Good organisational skills able to manage multiple projects at any one time. -E&I
- Confident use of IT skills to support a wide range of office-based tasks; including word processing, spread sheets, database, e-mail and internet -E&A
- Ability to find solutions to maintenance problems quickly and effectively E&I
- Knowledge of how to maintain grounds and structures-E &I
- Knowledge of plumbing and general building maintenance -E&I
- Ability to troubleshoot -E&T
- General knowledge of how things work -E&J
- Ability to follow a maintenance schedule – E&A
- Full clean driving licence -E&A
- Experience of working in a similar role -E&A
- Must be able to communicate clearly and confidently and have good people skills.
- First Aid Qualified -D&A
- Experience of working for a charity -D&A
Our staff do amazing jobs and as such we want to reward our staff that is why we offer
- Enhanced holiday leave of 33 days annual leave (pro rata for part time employees) rising to 35 after 5 years service.
- A bespoke induction plan specific to you and your role which starts as soon as a job offer is accepted.
- Alongside your induction plan new members of staff have a 6 month induction programme and planned meetings with their line manager to ensure the employee is settling in and offer any support needed to fulfil their role.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a full range of confidential services designed to ensure you receive professional support that may affect work and home life.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Staff discount.
- Free on site car parking and refreshments.
- Social and charitable events.
- Company sick Pay after successful completion of probationary period.
- Savings Club
- Give as you earn scheme for staff to make donation to a charity of their choice if they wish.
- If your role requires membership of a professional Body we will pay your membership fees.
To be considered for the role click on the apply button above and submit your CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification for the role. If you have any questions or require further information please contact us on 01642 531248.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when submitting your CV.