Are you a parent or carer of a child who is displaying traits associated with or have a diagnosis of a neurodevelopmental condition including: autism, sensory processing, Foetal Alcohol Spectrum disorder (FASD) or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)?
Do you live in one of the following areas?
- Redcar & Cleveland
Do you need extra support? Why not book an appointment with a member of the family support team?
Within the 1:1 session the family support team are able to provide:
- Introduction to services within your area
- Listening service
- Making visuals / social stories
- General support around understanding your child’s behaviours
- Signposting to other services
- General information regarding the diagnosis process
- Understanding communicative behaviours, including strategies such as 5-point scale, iceberg, STAR
- Support around understanding diagnosis / explaining diagnosis to child
- Information about Parent Learning Opportunities
Appointments are needs led, and will usually be a telephone appointment initially. We are able to offer a number of face to face appointments within a family hub or other local venue, depending on your area. If a telephone appointment would be a barrier, please do let us know- we are happy to liaise with you via email too.
To enquire please contact a member of the Family Support Team:
Tees Valley: 01642 531248 or email email@example.com
Sunderland: email firstname.lastname@example.org