Daisy Chain are looking to recruit Sessional Care Support Workers to join us at our Day Centre based in Norton, Stockton on Tees. The post holder will provide 1:1 or small group support to children/young people/adults with autism and support them to develop friendships and participate in social and educational activities. Due to the nature of this role the post holders will be required to work during the evening and at weekends (including Sundays).
This is an open recruitment and applications will be screened and interviews arranged as we receive enough suitable applicants.
- Provide 1:1 support to children/young people/adults with autism and support them to develop friendships and participate in social and educational activities.
- Lead a small group of children/young people/adults with autism and support them to develop friendships, work together as a team and participate in social and educational activities.
- Set-up and facilitate a range of social and educational activities
- Develop and maintain positive and supportive relationships with children/young people/ adults with autism and their families.
- Contribute towards the protection of individuals from abuse by adhering to Daisy Chain’s Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding policies at all times.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times and that at Service Users personal details are not disclosed to any unauthorized third person.
- Maintain effective and accurate recording and reporting systems in line with Daisy Chain’s procedures and undertake other administrative tasks as required.
- Undertake any training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post
- Any other duties from time to time, commensurate with the level of the post
This job outline is intended to indicate the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but, while some variation can be expected in particular duties, the outline is considered to provide a reasonable general description of the post.
This post is deemed to require an Enhanced DBS Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service due to the fact that there is access to children and vulnerable adults.
Successful candidates will have a strong work ethic, and share our Company values of Passionate, Inclusive, Empowering, Ambitious and Open. If you have worked in a similar setting before all the better, but most importantly we are looking for people who share our Ethos of improving the lives of families affected by Autism. The below details what we are looking for in an ideal candidate if it is Essential (E) Desirable (D) and how we will assess that skill, via your application (A) at Interview (I) or as part of a task during the interview process (T)
- Proven experience of face to face work with children & young people in a formal or informal setting (E & A/I)
- Experience of working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or a related Neurodevelopmental Disorder (E & A/I)
- Demonstrable experience of planning and facilitating activities that are suitable for a range of ages (E & I)
- Level 3 qualification in childcare/education/health & social care or equivalent (E & A)
- First Aid (D & A)
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to work with children and young people (E&T)
- Knowledge & understanding of safeguarding (E&T)
- A thorough understanding of autism & neurodiversity (E&T)
- Understanding of and commitment to the aims, ethos and philosophy of Daisy Chain-E&I
- Clean full driving license with own transport-D&A
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service-E&I
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team-E&A
- Adhere to Daisy Chain’s safeguarding children and adults policies at all times-E&I
- Knowledge of confidentiality and GDPR-E&A
- Willingness to be flexible about the work undertaken – E&I
- Ability and willingness to work during the evening and weekends, including Sunday’s – E&A
Our staff do amazing jobs and as such we want to reward our staff that is why we offer:-
- Enhanced holiday leave of 33 days annual leave (pro rata for part time employees) rising to 35 after 5 years service.
- A bespoke induction plan specific to you and your role which starts as soon as a job offer is accepted.
- Alongside your induction plan new members of staff have a 6 month induction programme and planned meetings with their line manager to ensure the employee is settling in and offer any support needed to fulfil their role.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a full range of confidential services designed to ensure you receive professional support that may affect work and home life.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Staff discount.
- Free on site car parking and refreshments.
- Social and charitable events.
- Company sick Pay after successful completion of probationary period.
- Savings Club
- Give as you earn scheme for staff to make donation to a charity of their choice if they wish.
- If your role requires membership of a professional Body we will pay your membership fees.
To be considered for the role click on the apply button above and submit your CV and details of how you meet the person specification for the role. If you have any questions or require further information please contact us on 01642 531248.We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when submitting your CV.