NOW OPEN FOR BOOKINGS – You must book your place with Daisy Chain, this is not a drop in service.
My Life My Community is a range of brand-new, local, and accessible social groups designed exclusively for autistic and neurodivergent adults, living in the Tees Valley.
You may be in employment, have a family, looking to develop friendships, recently diagnosed – or perhaps you have never had the opportunity to connect with other neurodivergent people before. Whatever your circumstances, our service can give you the opportunity to:
- Connect with others and form friendships
- Engage in peer support with other neurodivergent people
- Be empowered to access community activities in a supportive environment
- Have a great time!
Find out more information in the drop down sections below.
Downloadable service flyers
- Click here to download the flyer for Middlesbrough
- Click here to download the flyer for Darlington
- Click here to download the flyer for Hartlepool
- Coming soon – Stockton
- Coming soon – Redcar & Cleveland
Downloadable venue information packs – COMING SOON
Enquire or request a place
To enquire about this support, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To request a place using our online referral form – CLICK HERE
To download a copy of our referral form – CLICK HERE
Group activities are planned with group members, so everything we do is based on your
interests and preferences.
Venue based activities might include:
- Movie nights
- Board games/card games
- Chill and chat
- Quiz nights
Community based activities might include:
- Going for a walk
- Coffee shop/café
- Escape room
We also include workshops and activities focussed on building confidence and skills,
- Budgeting and money management
- Online safety
- Personal safety in the community
- Friendships, relationships, and personal boundaries
- Once every two months, group members from different towns have the opportunity
to meet each other at a mixer.
- Groups take turns to be the ‘host’ and invite members from different towns to join
them for a fun activity.
- Places at mixers may be limited, and attendance is optional.
- Wherever possible, we aim to provide transport for mixers.
- Autistic and neurodivergent adults aged 18+ (no upper age limit)
- Formal diagnosis not necessary – you may be diagnosed, undergoing diagnosis, pre
diagnosis, or self-diagnosed/identify.
- Daisy Chain specialises in strategies and approaches that are compatible with: Autism, ADHD, FASD, Sensory processing differences, anxiety and social and
- You must be happy to engage as part of a group, including community activities.
Is this service right for you? Download our easy-read document to find out.
Mondays, 3:30 – 5:30 pm and 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Community Hub South, Wynyard Road, Hartlepool, TS25 3LQ
Tuesdays, 3:30 – 5:30 pm and 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Café Refresh, Bradbury House, Beaumont Street West, Darlington, DL1 5SX
Wednesdays, 3:45 – 5:45 pm and 6:15 – 8:15 pm
Newport Community Hub, St Pauls Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 5NQ
Stockton and Redcar & Cleveland groups – COMING SOON
*Venues and times may be subject to change. Please check the website for the most up to date information.
- There is no cost to join and attend the group, this is FREE.
- When the group engages in community activities, group members pay for the cost of
the activity (e.g., if we go to watch a film, each group member pays for their own
- Group activities are planned with and chosen by group members.
- We aim to keep activity costs as low as possible so that activities are accessible for all
Maximum of 12 members per group, with two Daisy Chain staff.
We cannot provide 121-support.
- We cannot provide transport.
- Group members must be able to get to and from the weekly sessions.
- Usually, sessions will begin and end at our base venues, but sometimes we will meet
at a different community venue/activity.
- For larger events, such as our bi-monthly mixers, transport will be included wherever
- Group members are allocated a place for up to 12-months.
- At the end of the year, all members are invited to an annual celebration event.
- This event is created in consultation with group members and is optional to attend.